Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Solo Track

Ahhhh - How fun was NC! I got in all of my runs and just had a blast visiting the parents, sisters, little brother and nieces and nephews! On top of that, how great is it to not go to work for an entire week! Anyway, back to running ...

Last Friday, I met up with my high school cross country coach (I can't believe it has been 10 years) and she clocked my track workout. No shot I would have finished this one alone. The workout was 4 x 1200m with a 3 minute rest in between. The splits were to be 5:12, 5:09, 5:06, 5:03.

I didn't want to let her down at all. I wanted to show her how much better of a runner that I am now and really push through this workout. Oh my goodness, it was tough! 1200's are not my favorite!

Splits were: 5:10, 5:08, 5:01, 5:00
I did it!!!!

It was fun getting back to FL and looking at my garmin stats online. I ran a ton of mountains (there aren't hills in western NC). It was nice to see the elevation gain during all of my runs - because the pace was certainly slower.

Back to catching up on emails at work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment