Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

5K Anxiety

This upcoming weekend, I will run my first 5K in over a year! I'm beyond anxious. I KNOW that I can break my PR - but, I'm so nervous. I have absolutely NO idea how fast I can run a 5K. Without a doubt, I'm sure I'll begin too fast. I always do! HHHhhhhmmmmm!

In preparation for this weekend, my schedule for today read: 2 miles easy, 2 miles at 5K pace, 2 miles easy. My interpretation: 2 miles easy, 2 miles as hard I can, 2 miles easy. Outcome: 17:57, 13:39, 17:55. So, that second set was a 7:03, 6:36!

In other news, I ran 11 miles on Saturday instead of a long run. I ran fast, though! It was a gmp run. Total time was 1:31:30ish. I don't have my garmin on me now for splits.

Nothing too exciting tonight ... just trying to wrap my head around this whole 5K thing. Gotta go though ... chocolate chip cookie time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there :)
    Thanks for stopping by! Your blog looks great. Good luck in your race I'm sure you will be great!

    ReplyDelete