Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Track Day = Happy Jaime

I'm so running out of titles for my track posts. Though, never fear, by no means does that mean that the track posts will discontinue. Wednesday happens once a week . . . and so do my track workouts! :)

This mornings workout was a little different. I got to the track a little late and was only able to do a 1/4 mile warm up. I know ... shame on me! I was very optimistic that I would have a good workout and that I was/am fully recovered from the 22 miler on Saturday. I think I was mostly right. I had only ran an easy 5 miler on Monday and an easy 7 miler yesterday.
The workout:

800 400 400 800 400 400 1200 800 (Breaks: 1 min after 400 and 2 min after 800's and 3 min after 1200)

Expected Times: 3:28, 1:41, 1:40, 3:27, 1:40, 1:39, 5:12, 3:26

My times: 3:21 92 91 3:18 92 92 5:07, 3:21

I felt really good. Probably a little too good on the 400's. I knew I wasn't supposed to run that fast but I still hit all of my other times. I even hit all of the times from the group ahead of me. I didn't push at all on the 5:07 ... it actually felt pretty comfortable! :)

I was actually the only one in my group today and so I had to run solo. Some of the girls that I usually run with started 30 minutes before me. I thought about hoping in with them and then finishing the rest on my own but I opted for a solo workout. I need to learn how to pace alone anyways.

Another Wednesday, another track day, another happy Jaime! :)

3 comments:

  1. Great workout! Nice job on hitting all those times. I think I am going to start resting in between splits too (instead of jogging) to recover faster...Happy almost weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job with the solo workout. with my old track group I was always running solo because everyone was so much faster than me. running with a new, much bigger group, there is usually someone around that I can try and keep up with .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome workout!

    ReplyDelete