Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year!

I've had a very eventful 2011. I didn't quite hit all of my running goals for 2011, but I did have a very productive year. I ran some great races, got married, moved to Louisville KY and took on a new position with the company that I've been with for the past 4 1/2 years. This year has definitely had it's ups and downs - the move hit me pretty hard, but overall, it was a year to remember.

As we begin 2012, I feel very blessed. I have a husband that I love very much, a job that I enjoy and that gives me great opportunity and running. I survived 2011 injury free and still whole heartedly love to run. I still want to PR. I still believe I'm capable of running faster. I still want to train harder so that I can race and see what I am actually made of. But, I think I've finally found a balance in my running and life that I've missed for a while.

I ran almost 1200 miles in 2011 which doesn't come close to the 1600+ miles I ran in 2010. But, I'll take it. I even finished the year yesterday afternoon with a treadmill 10 miler in 1:18:56. I was at exactly 25:00 at mile 3 and decided to keep picking up the pace until mile 10. I ran the last 7 in 53:56. My ipod died at 28 minutes and I was too stubborn to walk upstairs to get David's ipod that I ran the next 50 minutes without music. :)

So, so long 2011 and cheers to 2012. Next race up: Clearwater Half Marathon on Jan. 23rd. I can only hope it goes as well as it did last year.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment