Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Step in my Own Shoes

With January 22nd right around the corner and knowing how my training has been - good, but not great - I decided to take a step in my own shoes this month.

What does that mean?

I printed out my training log from January 2011 and decided that at minimum, I will do exactly what I did last year. I ran well at Clearwater, so I'm hoping that this provides similiar results. I'm not naive enough to think that it will, but I feel like I have a good base and just needed a little direction. I was running really well last year at this point and I think if I can hit the same mileage and simliar paces, it may just give me the confidence that I need.

Monday - 2011: 2 miles easy, 2 tempo, 2 easy (Middle 2 were in 14:28) - Easy avg. pace 8:53
Monday - 2012: 2 miles easy, 2 tempo, 2 easy (Middle 2 in 14:33) - Easy avg. pace 8:32

Tuesday - 2011: 7 miles easy - 59:07
Tuesday - 2011: 7 miles easy --> I had dinner obligations and wanted to be done: 54:43

Next up, mile repeats . . . 2011 (6:41, 6:37, 6:41) I'm not so sure that I'm going to beat that one.

3 comments:

  1. love your blog!! very inspiring :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea, I'll have to try it.

    If not only for the physical benefit, but mainly for the mental benefit because I could reassure myself that I could meet (if not beat) my previous time.

    ReplyDelete