Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bliss

Sometimes, everything falls together perfectly. Last Saturday, I had planned to meet up with a group of girls at 7:30AM. Instead, I gave into a late Friday night dinner with my husband that included sushi and a few glasses of wine. I still set my alarm for 6:30AM, but the entire week had caught up on me and I didn't even hit snooze for 5 more minutes. I turned it off . I woke up on my own around 8:15AM and just didn't want to run. One thing turned into another (breakfast, trip to Lowes, Starbucks, etc.) and before I knew it, it was almost 2PM.

I decided it was time to run and that I was going to try to run hills - afterall, I have a half marathon exactly two weeks later. I drive to Seneca and decide that I'll run the Seneca to Cherokee 8 mile loop and then add on as necessary. It's pretty hilly.

I started running and felt good. The sky was blue and the sun was shining. I gradually kept picking up the pace a little until I settled in to an 8:15ish pace. I maintained up the hills and felt strong. I couldn't stop smiling.

I got to the half way point of the loop and decided that I would add on some miles there (an out and back). This continued to be hilly and I just wanted to keep running out. I ran all the way to the University of Louisville before turning around. Continuous rolling hills.

I haven't felt that good in a while. Everything seemed to be perfect. Maybe it was the sunshine, maybe it was just my day. But, I'll take it again.

13.1 miles - 1:48:28

There wa a time when I couldn't have dreamt of racing a 1:48, let alone running it on an easy long run.

Next up Clearwater Half. :)

1 comment: