Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

NYC: 1 week down, 19 to go!

Week 1 is in the books and it was a success. For the first four weeks, I'm building my base back up. Here's how the week went:

Monday: Off
Tuesday: 7 miles - 58:17 (8:20 pace)
Wednesday: 7 miles - 59:29 (8:30 pace)
Thursday: 4 miles - 33:12 (8:18 pace) --> This run also had 2 400m sprints in the middle of it.
Friday: 7 miles - 56:17 (8:02 pace)
Saturday: 3 miles - 24:39 (8:13 pace)
Sunday: 10 miles - 1:24:36 (8:28 pace)

Total for the week: 38 miles

I was pretty sore on Wednesday and Thursday, but by Friday I was feeling really good! Suprisingly good. That carried over to my easy 3 miler on Saturday, too! Both Friday and Saturday I ran when it was probably 80 degrees out.

This morning, I set out for my 10 miler and was very tired. I didn't even wake up until 9:15AM and then managed to lay around and drink coffee and watch tv until around 11:30. When I finally got out the door, I just wasn't into it, but was determined to finish and complete my long run. I ran through the neighborhood and somehow managed to find 10 miles. I climbed many hills and even one mountain. I kept telling myself that this was hilly than NYC and would be good training. I didn't let myself look at my Garmin for the first six miles.

Overall, I'm very pleased with my week! 19 more to go!

1 comment:

  1. So jealous that you're doing the NYC marathon, that's going to be such a fun race. Nice work on week 1!

    ReplyDelete