Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The hardest part is the first step ...

I dreaded my run yesterday from the moment I woke up! I was incredibly sore and tired. When lunch time finally came, it was drizzling and I found myself still unmotivated. I changed clothes, hopped on the treadmill and knew it was going to be a long 7 miles. Within .1 miles, I knew that I didn't have the mental strength for almost an hour-long run on the treadmill. So, despite the drizzly rain, I headed outdoors reminding myself that it was an "easy" run and that the goal was to go easy and to complete the distance.

After a mile, my legs started to warm up and my calves loosened up and felt almost normal. I never looked at my watch until the last mile. The rain felt amazing and my lunch time run left me refreshed the rest of the day! :)

It's true, no matter how bad I've ever not wanted to run, I've never regret a run once finished!

7 miles - 59:29 (Day 2 of NYC training)

PS: Check out www.amandavanvoorhisphotography.com for my wedding pictures preview. Love love love!!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That was your photographers first wedding shoot??! Didn't look like that to me! I wish I could use her!! I wonder if she wants to come to New Jersey :)

    ReplyDelete