In celebration of my 100th post, I thought it would only be fitting to post 100 random things about me!
- I am the oldest of five. I have three younger sisters and a younger brother.
- I was born in San Jose, CA - all the way on the other coast!
- I was supposed to be named Jordan; however, my cousin was born before me and received the name. It's my mother's maiden name. Instead, I was named Jaime after my grandfather, James.
- I have two older half brothers and one older half sister.
- My parents are still married!
- I'm the proud Aunt of 2 nieces, 3 nephews and another little one on the way!
- I LOVE LOVE LOVE my family! I talk to my parents almost daily! :)
- My entire immediate family lives in NC within 15 miles of each other. I'm an 8 1/2 hour drive south in sunny FL.
- I'm a country girl at heart even though I love city living.
- My mom gave birth to my little brother when I was a junior in high school!
- I ran track in middle school and high school and thought I was a sprinter.
- I did high jump in middle school. I still 5"4' then - I just never got any taller. I was the only girl on our team that could clear the bar. Ha
- My favorite event in High School was the 1600m relay. We did decently well. Placed 3rd in State my Junior Year. Woo Hoo Medal :) (4th - sophomore yr and 5th senior yr).
- I ran cross country during my 11th and 12th grade years as a way to stay active in the off season. I hated long distance.
- I walked in my most of my 5K meets (Cross Country) and my PR was 26:12
- I started training for my first marathon in 2007 and ran a 4:34 After I crossed that off the bucket list, I got excited and addicted and became obsessed with getting faster.
- Within 5 months of hitting the track, I dropped my 5K time down to 22:35 and 5 months after that I ran a 20:30
- After running my 5th marathon (or attempting it rather), I realized that I was a much better racer/runner than my race times said. My marathon training/programs were good but not the most beneficial to me. I entered into my "first" half marathon and ran a 1:37 and became addicted!
- Track is my favorite day of the week!!
- My fiance gets bored very easily when I talk about running :)
- I'm terrified of lightning storms. Terrified! I'll hide in the closet (because there are no windows).
- I play the flute. Quite well. Like ... I graduated with a degree in music.
- I love to read.
- I must wash my hair every single morning!
- I once donated 13 inches of my hair. While it may be one of the most selfless things I've ever done, I will probably never do that again. I cried for days!!
- I LOVE NFL football. I'm obsessed. Literally. I even placed second in fantasy this year. I was the only female on my team.
- Speaking of football, I love Brett Favre!!
- I'm ridiculously organized. Our condo is typically very clean. I can't stand clutter. At all.
- I LOVE Taylor Swift. I'm *hopefully* going to see her in concert on June 4th! :)
- I'm a true Gemini.
Favorite Things I Like To Do
- I love adventure. I've been skydiving once and love all roller coasters that are fast and take me upside down.
- I love being outside.
- I'm obsessed with the water. I love the beach/ocean but I miss going to the lake in the summer time.
- I love getting pedicures, even if it isn't condusive to my running.
- I love to RACE!! and RUN!
- I love to EAT!!! Yes, food in general. But, I love dressing up, going out to eat and having my wine!
- I love spending time with my family.
- There is nothing better than taking a Saturday afternoon nap (unless it's sunny outside and I'm at the beach)!
- I really enjoy meeting new people!!
- I seriously enjoy fishing. I don't even mind putting the worm (bait) on the hook. It doesn't gross me out. I guess there is a little country in me ;)
Random Take Two
- I love to sing in the car - loud, but alone! I can't sing. Haha
- I once had my ears pierced like crazy. Think senior year of high school. 7 holes in one ear and 5 in the other. WOW. I now (for a while actually) only wear earrings in my first and second holes.
- Pink is my favorite color.
- If I had a daughter tomorrow, I would name her Makenna.
- I'm a natural blonde.
- I had my nose pierced in college and loved it.
- I am a Papa's girl. I'm a Daddy's girl, too.
- I floss every single day.
- I have small feet - size 6! Sometimes, if I'm lucky I can wear a 6 1/2.
- My middle name is Lee. It's spelled the "boy" way because my mom couldn't remember how to spell "Leigh" when she had to fill out my birth certificate. I guess she was still drugged up. At least my middle name isn't "Liegh" or another version of "Lee" spelled wrong.
- He's tall. 6"3'
- And blonde.
- And athletic. Played baseball in college and played some basketball, too.
- He's goofy!
- He's a neat freak!! But, I love that.
- He eats very clean and enjoys all of the sames foods as me. I never have to cook two separate meals for us.
- He loves Miller Lite. :)
- He's from Indiana.
- I adore his family - especially his niece and nephew.
- He's eight years (almost to the day) older than me.
Places I've lived:
- San Jose, CA
- Charlottle, NC
- Atlanta, GA
- Locust Grove, GA
- Bryson City, NC
- Cullowhee, NC
- Spartanburg, SC
- Louisville, KY
- Carmel (Indianapolis), IN
- St. Petersburg, FL
Places I've vacationed/been to:
- New York City, NY
- Key West, FL
- Negril, Jamaica
- San Francisco, CA
- Jacksonville, FL
- Denver, CO
- Orlando, FL
- Cincinnati, OH
- Los Angeles, CA
- Charleston, SC
My favorite foods
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Red Bell Peppers
- Fish - Sea Bass, Tuna, Snapper, Grouper
- Angel Hair Pasta
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brown Rice
- Ice Cream
So, there you go! 100 things that you may or may not have known about me!! Is there anything that I left out? Anything that you're dying to know??