Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

100 Things About Me!!

In celebration of my 100th post, I thought it would only be fitting to post 100 random things about me!

Family

  1. I am the oldest of five. I have three younger sisters and a younger brother.
  2. I was born in San Jose, CA - all the way on the other coast!
  3. I was supposed to be named Jordan; however, my cousin was born before me and received the name. It's my mother's maiden name. Instead, I was named Jaime after my grandfather, James.
  4. I have two older half brothers and one older half sister.
  5. My parents are still married!
  6. I'm the proud Aunt of 2 nieces, 3 nephews and another little one on the way!
  7. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my family! I talk to my parents almost daily! :)
  8. My entire immediate family lives in NC within 15 miles of each other. I'm an 8 1/2 hour drive south in sunny FL.
  9. I'm a country girl at heart even though I love city living.
  10. My mom gave birth to my little brother when I was a junior in high school!

Running

  1. I ran track in middle school and high school and thought I was a sprinter.
  2. I did high jump in middle school. I still 5"4' then - I just never got any taller. I was the only girl on our team that could clear the bar. Ha
  3. My favorite event in High School was the 1600m relay. We did decently well. Placed 3rd in State my Junior Year. Woo Hoo Medal :) (4th - sophomore yr and 5th senior yr).
  4. I ran cross country during my 11th and 12th grade years as a way to stay active in the off season. I hated long distance.
  5. I walked in my most of my 5K meets (Cross Country) and my PR was 26:12
  6. I started training for my first marathon in 2007 and ran a 4:34 After I crossed that off the bucket list, I got excited and addicted and became obsessed with getting faster.
  7. Within 5 months of hitting the track, I dropped my 5K time down to 22:35 and 5 months after that I ran a 20:30
  8. After running my 5th marathon (or attempting it rather), I realized that I was a much better racer/runner than my race times said. My marathon training/programs were good but not the most beneficial to me. I entered into my "first" half marathon and ran a 1:37 and became addicted!
  9. Track is my favorite day of the week!!
  10. My fiance gets bored very easily when I talk about running :)

Random

  1. I'm terrified of lightning storms. Terrified! I'll hide in the closet (because there are no windows).
  2. I play the flute. Quite well. Like ... I graduated with a degree in music.
  3. I love to read.
  4. I must wash my hair every single morning!
  5. I once donated 13 inches of my hair. While it may be one of the most selfless things I've ever done, I will probably never do that again. I cried for days!!
  6. I LOVE NFL football. I'm obsessed. Literally. I even placed second in fantasy this year. I was the only female on my team.
  7. Speaking of football, I love Brett Favre!!
  8. I'm ridiculously organized. Our condo is typically very clean. I can't stand clutter. At all.
  9. I LOVE Taylor Swift. I'm *hopefully* going to see her in concert on June 4th! :)
  10. I'm a true Gemini.

Favorite Things I Like To Do

  1. I love adventure. I've been skydiving once and love all roller coasters that are fast and take me upside down.
  2. I love being outside.
  3. I'm obsessed with the water. I love the beach/ocean but I miss going to the lake in the summer time.
  4. I love getting pedicures, even if it isn't condusive to my running.
  5. I love to RACE!! and RUN!
  6. I love to EAT!!! Yes, food in general. But, I love dressing up, going out to eat and having my wine!
  7. I love spending time with my family.
  8. There is nothing better than taking a Saturday afternoon nap (unless it's sunny outside and I'm at the beach)!
  9. I really enjoy meeting new people!!
  10. I seriously enjoy fishing. I don't even mind putting the worm (bait) on the hook. It doesn't gross me out. I guess there is a little country in me ;)

Random Take Two

  1. I love to sing in the car - loud, but alone! I can't sing. Haha
  2. I once had my ears pierced like crazy. Think senior year of high school. 7 holes in one ear and 5 in the other. WOW. I now (for a while actually) only wear earrings in my first and second holes.
  3. Pink is my favorite color.
  4. If I had a daughter tomorrow, I would name her Makenna.
  5. I'm a natural blonde.
  6. I had my nose pierced in college and loved it.
  7. I am a Papa's girl. I'm a Daddy's girl, too.
  8. I floss every single day.
  9. I have small feet - size 6! Sometimes, if I'm lucky I can wear a 6 1/2.
  10. My middle name is Lee. It's spelled the "boy" way because my mom couldn't remember how to spell "Leigh" when she had to fill out my birth certificate. I guess she was still drugged up. At least my middle name isn't "Liegh" or another version of "Lee" spelled wrong.

My boy

  1. He's tall. 6"3'
  2. And blonde.
  3. And athletic. Played baseball in college and played some basketball, too.
  4. He's goofy!
  5. He's a neat freak!! But, I love that.
  6. He eats very clean and enjoys all of the sames foods as me. I never have to cook two separate meals for us.
  7. He loves Miller Lite. :)
  8. He's from Indiana.
  9. I adore his family - especially his niece and nephew.
  10. He's eight years (almost to the day) older than me.

Places I've lived:

  1. San Jose, CA
  2. Charlottle, NC
  3. Atlanta, GA
  4. Locust Grove, GA
  5. Bryson City, NC
  6. Cullowhee, NC
  7. Spartanburg, SC
  8. Louisville, KY
  9. Carmel (Indianapolis), IN
  10. St. Petersburg, FL

Places I've vacationed/been to:

  1. New York City, NY
  2. Key West, FL
  3. Negril, Jamaica
  4. San Francisco, CA
  5. Jacksonville, FL
  6. Denver, CO
  7. Orlando, FL
  8. Cincinnati, OH
  9. Los Angeles, CA
  10. Charleston, SC

My favorite foods

  1. Chicken Noodle Soup
  2. Spinach
  3. Red Bell Peppers
  4. Fish - Sea Bass, Tuna, Snapper, Grouper
  5. Sushi
  6. Angel Hair Pasta
  7. Chocolate Chip Cookies
  8. Brown Rice
  9. Ice Cream
  10. Oatmeal

So, there you go! 100 things that you may or may not have known about me!! Is there anything that I left out? Anything that you're dying to know??

6 comments:

  1. yay for being the oldest! i'm the oldest of 6.

    and too funny about your middle name! i totally laughed aloud in my office

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!

    I LOVE the name Makenna and will probably call my daughter this if I have a girl.

    My husband glosses over when I talk about running too. So I started my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy 100!!!

    Makenna has been my girl name for years now!! Spelled that way too :) so funny. Although someone we "know" just had a baby girl yesterday and named her that :-/

    YAY bay area!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thoroughly enjoyed reading that! Some I knew, some I didn't, all fun though!
    That is some serious dedication to floss every day, my grandfather is a dentist and I rarely floss- its bad.

    I think it is so fun you have lived so many places, I certainly cannot say that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. favorite post run indulgence? this was a great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this list! We have lots in common but of course we already figured that out :)

    ReplyDelete