It's time to start believing in myself and reflecting positively on everything that has gone better this training cycle - not everything that didn't go as planned! It's so funny. I've been through this marathon taper 5 times now and it doesn't get better. I still have the same fears and thoughts and doubts!!
- Don't start off too fast! Banking time does not work!
- Don't come across the half way point right on time (you should bank a little time). Running exact splits is too hard!
- You're not ready for a sub 3:40
- You ran a freakin' 20 miler at 8:24 average pace ... you are so ready for a sub 3:40
- Miles 20-26.2 hurt so bad no matter how well you're trained .... Be tough! Don't give up!
AAHHHH! Okay! I'm excited ... I am, but I'm so ready for it to be here! I had the best week of training last week and then the worst last long run on Saturay (8 miles). I decided it would be best to start at 9AM b/c next week I'll be running at that time. I stopped like 5 times . . . on an 8 miler. My average pace was exactly 8:24 ... but it was a tough and very broken run. UGH! I was hoping for one more confidence booster.